outdoor worship service!
When: 05/10/2020 at 11:00 am to 05/10/2020 at 12:00 pm
Outdoor Worship Service!
Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 11:00 am
We are excited to announce the first steps toward a plan for regathering! We have received communication from Governor Roy Cooper’s legal counsel giving permission for us to have a service outside with very specific requirements for social distancing. Ultimately, your decision to attend this service is between you and God. Use discretion and “be fully persuaded in your own mind” Romans 14:5.
Sunday, May 10, 2020 (Mother’s Day) at 11:00 AM, our church service will be LIVE, on the BALLFIELD!
All participants MUST abide by the following:
- Six-foot social distancing must be STRICTLY observed, even in the parking lot!Please wave from a distance and refrain from hugs and handshaking.
- Bring your own chairs and remain in a group with your own household.
- Masks are encouraged, but will not be provided by the church.
As you consider your level of participation, please note the following:
- The entire service will be held outside on the baseball/soccer field, and will last for only one hour.
- The building will not be open.
- There will not be children’s church or nursery. (Parents – Please communicate the necessity of social distancing to your children!)
- The service will be livestreamed through YouTube (Facebook live will be available as a backup.)
- FBC en Español will worship via live stream this week, as they have for the last eight Sundays.
- We will plan to observe the Lord’s Table together. The elements will be in pre-packaged containers, distributed by a deacon wearing a mask and gloves.
- The weather forecast calls for cooler temperatures Sunday — at least at the start of the service. Please dress appropriately.
- Please do not feel any pressure to attend this service. We ask that you consider staying at home if the following apply:
- You are in a high-risk category for COVID-19.
- You are physically unable to get to/from your vehicle to the ballfield without assistance.
- You are experiencing allergies with symptoms that are similar to COVID-19.
We are excited about the opportunity to come back together as a church body this Sunday. Please understand that our exuberance must be balanced with strict social distancing of 6 feet at all times. A failure to do so could hamper our ability to resume assembling together as the restrictions are gradually lifted. (Please see attachment with guidelines from CDC on social distancing)