Ladies’ Ministry Opportunities
Written by Heather Jones, Ladies’ Ministry Director
“When’s the next Bible study?”
“Could we have a small outreach activity to reach a few unsaved friends and neighbors?”
“I just really want community. A game night would be fun!”
“We should get together and just pray.”
These are several of the comments that I’ve heard floating around lately. Given the size and various demographics of our church, there are many varying needs. If the Lord has placed discipleship, ministry, and community on your heart, but you’re not sure where to start, the ladies’ ministry exists to come along side you, to encourage and equip you with resources to make discipleship, ministry, and community a part of your life!
In keeping with Friendship’s yearly theme (Each One Reach One) and emphasis on corporate prayer, the ladies’ ministry is taking on a role of support. How can we help you? We have many resources at our disposal. Tell us! We can’t help you if we don’t know that you have a need/request! We’ve probably heard the same request from a few other ladies and can easily put a group together for you! Here are some ways we can help:
- Do you want to be involved in a small group Bible study? We can get a group together for you and work with the needs of the group to facilitate your request! (IE: host home/location, leader, subject matter, etc.)
- Do you need help planning an activity? We can help with theme ideas, network with others who have a similar need, location, event coordination, etc.
- Outreach activity to break the ice with some unsaved friends
- Prayer Meeting
- Fellowship-related activity
For those of you who want to do it all, please let me know. I’ll make sure you get invited to any activity we have! Otherwise, we will mostly target smaller groups of like interest. Occasionally, we may send an email out to all the ladies with an opportunity as well.
Plan to attend the following 2019 church-wide ladies’ opportunities:
March 9, 2019 – Ladies’ Prayer Meeting
- 8:30 – Optional breakfast fellowship (bring something to share if you’d like)
- 9:00-10:00 – Prayer meeting (All ladies welcome, even if you didn’t come for breakfast)
- Location: TBA
Join us as we seek to worship the Lord in prayer. You will hear a box talk from one of our ladies, a brief devotional, and then we will pray in small groups. Sign up here or at Member Services.
June 7-8, 2019 – Ladies’ Retreat at Camp Caraway
The theme of our Ladies Retreat this year is “Open Doors.” Please plan to join us! We pray that relationships will be formed or strengthened, that we will encourage and provide accountability for one another, and that we will grow closer to Christ together. You can register here, or pick up a registration form at Member Services.
November 16, 2019 – Small Group Regional Outreach Activity
More details announced later.
Ultimately we want to see the ladies of our church growing in Christ together and reaching and encouraging others outside our body to do the same. Please let us know how we can help YOU do that!